Unseen Theatre Company produces 2 plays per year – usually in April and October. Auditions for these plays are usually held 3 months prior to the performance dates. If you would like to receive an email notification of when these auditions are being held, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Things you need to know about auditions:-
- Auditions are usually held as “cold” group readings of excerpts from the script – so no need to prepare anything, and no need to make an individual audition time.
- However – you must notify the Director via email of your intention to attend the auditions so that we know how many people to expect.
- It is to your advantage to read (before attending auditions) anything by our usual author Sir Terry Pratchett so that you are familiar with the genre of the play
- If you would like the Director to also hear a prepared monologue please notify the Director at the time and stay after the group reading for her to listen to it.
- Rehearsals are held 3 times per week – usually Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings for a period of 10 weeks before the performance dates.
DETAILS OF OUR NEXT AUDITION
FEET OF CLAY – A Discworld Howdunnit
.ABOUT THE PLAY
It’s murder in Discworld!—which ordinarily is no big deal. But what bothers Commander Samuel Vimes, Head of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch, is that the unusual deaths of three harmless old men do not bear the clean, efficient marks of the Assassins’ Guild.
But that’s only the start… someone is slowly poisoning the Patrician. No one knows who, no one knows why and, worst of all no one knows how – he just gets weaker and weaker.
Added to that, the City Watch has got problems of its own. There’s a werewolf suffering from Pre-Lunar Tension, Corporal Nobbs is hobnobbing with the nobs, and there’s something really strange about the new dwarf recruit – especially his earrings and eyeshadow. Who can you trust when there are mobs on the streets, plotters in the dark and all the clues point the wrong way?
Nevertheless, Sam Vimes has got to find out not only whodunit, but howdunit too. He’s not even sure what they dun. But soon as he knows what the questions are, he’s going to want some answers.
We don’t want to give anything away, but Vimes may find that the truth is not out there at all. In fact, it may be inside – but inside what? or should we say whom?
“A chilling tale of poison and pottery”. – Amazon UK
“Like reading Tolkien but with gags – and good gags too”- Matt Seaton, Guardian
ABOUT THE AUDITIONS
AUDITIONS: Sunday 26th June at 3pm. Bakehouse Theatre, 255 Angas Street, Adelaide.
PERFORMANCE DATES: October 21 to November 5 (Wed. to Sat)
REHEARSALS: From Sunday 17th July, on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings.
- Commander Vimes – Head of the City Watch (a seasoned, world weary, no nonsense Cop)
- Captain Carrot, (a square-jawed hero, play it by the book type Cop)
- Corporal Nobbs, (a grubby street dwarf cop)
- Colon (plodding sargeant)
- Cheery Littlebottom (apparently a non-gender implied male dwarf, but actually female)
- Angua (a female werewolf cop – Carrot’s love interest)
A Golem – A robot-like creature made of clay who is controlled by written words in his head
Dragon King of Arms – read “head of the College of Heraldry”
Pardessus – Assistant to King of Arms
Lord Vetinari – Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Drumknott – Assistant to the Patrician
MANY OTHER VARIED SMALLER ROLES TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION WHICH WILL PROBABLY BE DOUBLED, AND WHICH CAN BE EITHER GENDER.