AUDITIONS: Sunday 30th July at 3pm. Bakehouse Theatre, 255 Angas Street, Adelaide.
We here at Unseen are very excited about re-visiting one of our most popular plays that we last produced in 2003.
This will be a whole new fresh take on Sir Terry Pratchett’s “THE TRUTH”
What’s it about you say? Well here you go:-
ABOUT THE SHOW:-
“The truth shall make ye free fret”
(Particularly if your deadline is urgent because, as everyone knows, “A lie can run around the world before the truth has got it’s boots on”)
There’s been a murder. Allegedly. But William de Worde, accidental editor of the Discworld’s first newspaper, has got an inside line on the hot story. The facts say that Ankh-Morpork’s ruler, Lord Vetinari is guilty. But as Willam soon learns, facts don’t always tell the whole story. There’s that pesky little thing called The Truth, that just keeps trying to get out. Luckily William has an informant. He can’t be a talking dog because dogs can’t talk. He’s known only as…Deep Bone.
Through all of his investigations, William must cope with the daily perils of a journalist’s life — people who want him dead, a recovering vampire with a suicidal fascination for flash photography, some more people who want him dead in a different way and, worst of all, the man who keeps begging him to publish pictures of his humorously shaped vegetables.
Then there are the dark forces high up in Ankh-Morpork’s society who are plotting to overthrow Lord Vetinari and who have employed two Tarantino-esque thugs, Mr. Tulip and Mr. Pin for the purpose. They mean business.
William just wants to get at THE TRUTH. Unfortunately, everyone else wants to get at William. And it’s only the third edition…BUT…..“If it’s published, it’s ink-validated”
“This is a terrifically funny outing” – Goodreads
PERFORMANCE DATES: October 27, 28, November 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11 at 7.30pm
WHERE: Bakehouse Theatre, 255 Angas Street, Adelaide
ROLES AVAILABLE for “ The Truth” – 2017
- William de Worde (leading role – unwittingly invents the concept of investigative journalism)
- Sacharissa (William’s offsider)
- Gunilla Goodmountain (head of printing press – a dwarf)
- Boddony (printing press worker – a dwarf)
- Gaspode (talking dog) narrator and actor
- Wuffles (non talking dog – belongs to Vetinari – main witness to the “crime”)
- Lord Vetinari (Patrician of Ankh-Morpork – this role already pre cast)
- Drumknott (Lord Vetinari’s secretary)
- Commander Vimes (head of the City Watch – a “born” Copper)
- Nobby Nobbs (originally a street urchin – indistinguishable from a monkey – may be cut)
- Angua (a werewolf)
- Cheery Littlebottom (a forensic scientist dwarf)
- Slant (zombie lawyer) (this role pre-cast)
- Lord de Worde, (William’s father)
- Lord Rust
- Lady Selachi
- Lady Venturi
- Charlie (Vetinari doppelganger, therefore played by the same actor as Lord Vetinari)
- Pen (intelligent but insane criminal – think Straw Dogs)
- Tulip (Mr. Pin’s very dumb but with surprising intellectual aspirations, offsider)
- Foul Ole Ron (insane and really bad smelling head of street tramps for whom Gaspode “talks”)
- Mrs. Arcanum (classic boarding house tyrant)
- Mrs.Mackleduff (Mrs. Arcanum’s offsider)
- Wintler (purveyor of amusingly shaped vegetables)
- Duckman and other tramps
- Pin’s “shadows”
- Disorganiser (probably sound FX)
All of our audition notices are now sent via our website, so if you are interested in auditioning and have not yet logged into our site, you will need to do so pretty quickly.
When you have logged in please tick the “audition” mailing list box and you will automatically be sent an email with all the relevant details on the auditions aproximately two weeks from the audition time.
If you have any questions about how auditions are conducted please go to our FAQ section before emailing direct because most of your questions will already be answered there.
Auditions will be held on Sunday 30th July 2017 at 3pm at The Bakehouse Theatre, 255 Angas St. Adelaide.