There are all sorts of ways you can get involved with Unseen Theatre Company.
Firstly don’t miss out on our shows or special ticket offers! Keep up to date with Unseen by signing up to one or more of our mailing lists.
Secondly, if you are interested in working backstage, helping with costumes or props, or want to audition, please sign up to our audition list. This list is not only for actors, but for behind the scenes help as well.
Thirdly, if you would like to join in the fun from the safety of being behind the ticket/bar counter during a show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions for Cast and Crew Members
If you would like to become a cast or crew member for one of our productions, there are a few things you should do:-
- Join our mailing list and make sure you tick one or both of the boxes on the form to indicate whether you are interested in cast and/or crew roles. You should also fill in the box asking for your specific interests.
- Read the Auditions FAQ, which will tell you what you need to know to prepare for the audition.
Unseen Theatre Company produces 2 plays per year – usually in April and October. Auditions for these plays are usually held 3 months prior to the performance dates.
Here are some general things you need to know about our auditions:-
- Auditions are usually held as “cold” group readings of excerpts from the script – so no need to prepare anything, and no need to make an individual audition time.
- However – you must notify the Director via email of your intention to attend the auditions so that we know how many people to expect.
- It is to your advantage to read (before attending auditions) anything by our usual author Sir Terry Pratchett so that you are familiar with the genre of the play.
- If you would like the Director to also hear a prepared monologue please notify the Director at the time and stay after the group reading for her to listen to it.
- Rehearsals are held 3 times per week – usually Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings for a period of 10 weeks before the performance dates.
- Read more in the FAQ section.